Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, pt. 4

My friend Kathy took me out for a birthday breakfast at my favorite coffee shop. I had the 2x2x2 (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 strips of bacon and 2 sausages). She had grits. We both had orange juice. Most of all, it was good to see here again. Her life has been tumultuous (losing her job, losing her health insurance, losing her apartment, losing her cats, moving in with her daughter's family -- who are also on the verge of eviction) and she's been out of touch. I'm thrilled that she remembered my birthday with all that she has going on in her life. I'm relieved that she's OK, and working with her kids to get back on her feet.

I also went through my mail and found a birthday card from Mary Sharon, a neighbor from my high school days. She was friends with my mother and I babysat her kids. (The oldest just turned 46!) She remembers my birthday (and my exact age) every year. This also means a lot to me.

Have I mentioned that I love my birthday?

4 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Baaaa-byyyyy....(Be thankful you only need to read that, and not HEAR it! LoL)

    Hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are, and may the year bring nothing but happiness your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to keep celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!!! Sounds like you had a fun day. It's always nice to get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:26 PM

    I'm glad you had a good birthday!

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.