Friday, August 17, 2007

August Happiness -- Friday 17

I'm happy because my mom is happy. She's 72 and has had health problems this past year. That's why I've been so worried about the impact my sisters and their marital, financial, physical and parental woes have had on her. Those two have really dominated my mom's days lately. This weekend, though, she can shift her focus from her daughters to a granddaughter. My oldest niece has flown in to spend some time with Grandma. (The reasons why are too chaotic and complicated to go into here, because "chaotic and complicated" are the hallmarks of my sister's life.) My mother is delighted to have her here, and I'm sure they will be good for one another.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:55 PM

    That is so sweet. I hope your mom and her granddaughter enjoy their visit.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.