Monday, September 23, 2024

From mornin' till night

This song has been running through my mind all day. Because today started well and stayed good till now, when I have my pjs on.

First I went to the orthopedist. It was a follow-up appointment. Last month, for the initial consultation, my knee was so inflamed and achy that I had to take a rideshare. This morning, I walked the 8/10 of a mile. That's how much better my arthritic old knee is, with just exercises, ice and stetches! (I'm not even taking ibuprofen anymore.) He suggested a bone density scan and was pleased to learn I already have one scheduled. Best of all, I have no "next appointment" scheduled. He doesn't see any reason to see me again unless the swelling and pain return.


Then I took Joanna to lunch.
We celebrated her birthday in style. There's a restaurant/winery in my neighborhood that's a little better than the usual places we frequent. She had the chicken piccata with a glass of pinot noir. I had the gnocchi carbonara (delicious!) with a strawberry mule. For dessert, we had truffles with a birthday candle. Because I splurged so on the meal, I had to economize on her gift. I picked up this desk calendar for her, using my 40% card shop discount. She seemed pleased with it, all the same. I was happy to fuss over her, as she's been having a hard time financially in 2024.


The evening ended with my movie group. We discussed Human Desire, a seldom-seen noir from 1954. The movie was provocative and we had a lively conversation.


I wish all days could be as good as this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.