Friday, August 23, 2024

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 22

 Today's happiness: A box of cards

My 2024 Happiness Icon

At my suggestion, the employees at card shop where I work agreed to create birthday cards (and get a headstart on Christmas cards) to include in the lunch deliveries for our local "meals on wheels." I got the idea from Letters Against Isolation. Ceecee, my boss, likes it that we are concentrating our efforts to our neighborhood. 

Thursday I discovered a shoebox under the counter filled with beautiful, handmade cards! The women I work with are so talented and willing to pitch in during the shop's slow times. It's good for business, too. When customers come in and see us making stickers or embossing, it promotes the crafting tools we sell. No wonder I came home happy.


Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.




2 comments:

  1. I love that creative outlet. My sister is a talented card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent idea! Way to go, Gal!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.