Friday, February 16, 2024

Life imitates art

The first thing I heard on the news this morning was that Alexi Navalny was dead. I was livid. Just this week, Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) had said that Putin is "on the top of his game." Hard right darling Tucker Carlson had given Putin airtime to spread propaganda. The GOP is slow to help the people of Ukraine because ... well ... I guess we like dictators now. Putin is, in Trump's words, "a strong leader."

I wanted to scream. I felt like Connie Corleone at the end of The Godfather. She stormed into Michael's office and waved newspapers with headlines about her brother's murderous reign. She confronted her sister-in-law, yelling, "That's your husband! That's your husband!" 

 

 
And so I scream to Tuberville, Carlson, and the MAGA faithful: "This is Putin! This is Putin!" He's a murderer. He's a tyrant. His Russia is the nation Donald Trump is willing to tell that it's OK to "do whatever the hell they want." Remember all this immoral, scandalous, criminal bullshit. Vote in November. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! It's obvious. Democracy is on the line and it rests on you.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.