Friday, December 08, 2023

He opened his eyes!

My friend Henry survived two surgeries on his brain and opened his eyes. It was only for a moment, and I don't know if he registered recognition. He's still intubated, so he can't speak. 

The surgeon alleviated pressure on his brain by removing two blood clots, so it's a victory that he opened his eyes.

The next few days will be important. Right now he's at increased risk for seizure and stroke.Will he be able to breathe on his own? Can he speak? What about his motor skills? 

I have to wait on his husband, Reg, for word. Reg's own issues these days complicate everything, so I much be patient. Patience doesn't come easily to me, but I'm going to have to hang in there.

Henry is still alive and he opened his eyes. For now, that's all I've got. I love him very much, so I shall cling to that.



3 comments:

  1. I shall pray for your friend Henry tonight. Keep us informed. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your friend Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall hope you have patience. I know this is a very trying and disturbing situation for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.