Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #324

Why I still have cable. Yes, I know this makes me a dying breed. 56% of households have cable, but that's down from 76% in 2015. Yes, I know it's expensive. But it's so easy!

There are so many streaming services available. Many of these services have different plans to choose from. Figuring out the best way to get my favorite channels seems like an awful lot of work. Thanks to Xfinity, I just say what I want to watch into that lovely voice remote and it appears.

Here are the 13 most popular streaming services. It's so overwhelming that I almost miss the days of 5 channels when I was a kid.

1. Netflix

2. Hulu

3. Amazon Prime (I pay for this one but to be honest, I got Prime for the free package delivery)

4. Disney+ 

5. Apple TV

6. Max (formerly HBO Max)*

7. YouTube TV

8. Peacock*

9. Paramount

10. Sling 

11. Fubo*

12. Tubi*

13. Pluto*

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.


*Included in my cable package


5 comments:

  1. We have some of those in Australia, and also things like BritBox and Binge. Also Stan, which is an Austyralian streaming service but doesn't only show Australian content. I get most of them free via my son's family packages. And all our free-to-air channels can be viewed on 'smart TV' too, if we miss something when it's shown. (I suppose our free-to-air is the same as what you call cable?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still use a satellite dish, and you have a much better package than we do. I also still have DSL, and no clue when I will have a fiber connection, so streaming is almost impossible. I do stream some, but i have to turn everything else off to do so. We have Max and I have Amazon Prime because, like you, I like the ability to just buy whatever I want and not worry about shipping. We don't watch either one much, though. Too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a holdout with cable, but I have several streamers, too! Eight of the ones on your list, plus a couple others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We only have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'd probably prefer cable, too, if it meant just one remote! But, we already pay for Prime (largely for the delivery) and Netflix is relatively cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went through my subscriptions and canceled most of them.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.