Friday, August 25, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 24

My 2023 happiness icon

Today's Happiness: Easy.

I needed a diversion from all the Trumpy drama. Plus the mercury hit 100º and I'd rather have -10º than that kind of heat. So when my friend Elaine said that she was going to be in my neighborhood on an errand anyway and wanted to meet me for pastrami at the deli around the corner, I was in.

That's one of the things I appreciate about Elaine: doing things with her is easy. It isn't that I don't love my oldest friend, I do. But she hurts my feelings and our relationship is fraught because of her very real emotional/physical issues. 

It made me happy to just enjoy a smoked turkey sandwich and some light, drama-free conversation with Elaine.

 

 

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.