Sunday, August 13, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 13

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: Within my budget.

The problem with saving for retirement is you have no idea how long retirement is going to last. I want to enjoy myself today, but not at the expense of comfort in my dotage.

So I am trying to economize, especially when I socialize. I give myself an allowance every week, and whatever I don't use I put in the big beer stein on my kitchen counter. Today I paid for the train, brunch and movie with cash from the stein.

I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. I feel like I'm taking care of myself. It makes me happy.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.