Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #283

 Thirteen top vending machines. OK, I learned something this week. Most of the vending machines you see -- whether in the hospital or laundromat -- are not the property of the business they're in. Entrepreneurs buy vending machines and convince businesses to allow them space and then visit regularly to replenish the machines and, of course, collect the money. Who knew?

Here are 13 of the most popular machines for those looking to earn.

  1. Soda and cold beverages
  2. Candy and snacks
  3. Coffee and hot beverages
  4. Ramen or noodles
  5. Beauty products, like lip gloss and mascara (these are most successful in the ladies' room at restaurants and college dorms)
  6. Donuts
  7. Doggy treats and bags (these are most successful near dog parks and highway rest areas)
  8. OTC healthcare and family planning, aka condoms, vitamins, pain relievers, stomach meds
  9. Cell phone chargers, headphones and accessories (these are most successful in train and bus stations)
  10. Laundry products
  11. Gumballs and small toys
  12. Beach accessories, like sunscreen, swim goggles and mini-towels
  13. Disposable masks and gloves

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.



4 comments:

  1. I have never seen a vending machine serving ramen or noodles, but then again I don't get out much. I remember seeing many types of food vending machines in the hospital when my husband was there. I grew up with cigarette vending machines everywhere but now I never see them. I guess they went the way of the phone booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in ... I can't remember where (I think it was Spain) there was a vending machine for French Fries!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked for the postal service, and they had stamp vending machines. I stayed to close them out for our district. Then I retired. That was back in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea there were so many possibilities. I get excited when I see a vending machine for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.