Friday, November 04, 2022

Compassion Challenge: Day 4

We did this as a congregation in 2021 and I'm doing it myself this year. My life feels different now than it did 365 days ago, and I hope this will keep me grounded and help me live my faith.

Inspiring Compassion: The 30 Day Compassion Challenge. 30 days to explore the topic of compassion: Mindfulness, Compassion for Friends & Family, Self-Compassion, Compassion for All, Compassion for Our Planet

Today I indulged in self-compassion. I've had a rough month: kidney stone pain, lithotripsy, lay off, dental work, my niece's gallbladder surgery and the subsequent complications,* back aches, enrolling in Medicare, a snafu with Illinois Unemployment ... I deserve a break. So I gave myself one.

My calendar was completely empty. I stayed in bed past 9:00 AM, watching one of my favorite classics, Holiday. Then I lingered in the shower and listened to some baseball podcasts. I went to the movies and saw George Clooney and Julia Roberts in Ticket to Paradise. Now I'm watching another oldie (I'll Be Seeing You) in advance of Monday's movie group.

I like myself. I'm a good person. I deserve a no-stress, happy day!


*She suffered from a bile duct obstruction and was readmitted. She will be fine, but it upsets me that she was scared and in pain on her birthday.

 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you taking care of yourself! What did you think of Ticket to Paradise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! You are a good person. I am glad that you engaged in self-care today. I really want to see that new movie with Julia Roberts and George Clooney. I hope your happy self-care continues all weekend long. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! (I hope your niece will be ok.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to compare notes on Ticket to Paradise. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.