1. Fave fall Holiday: Thanksgiving
2. Best thing about fall walks: that I'm not hot (summer), rained upon (spring), or slipping on snow (winter). Fall is just the best month for walking!
3. Favorite fall chore: I live in an apartment and consequently am not called upon to do any season-specific chores. Though I tend to resist all chores any way.
4. Least favorite fall chore: See above.
5. Best change in the home: Sleeping without the a/c. I'm grateful to Mr. Carrier for his fabulous invention, but I'm always glad when I'm done with it for the year.
6. Best tree in the fall: I'm not good with the tree thing, but I'll say maple because I used to live on Maple Avenue.
7. Fall ritual: Returning to Starbucks for hot chocolate. I don't care for coffee at all and seldom set foot in the place, but I am fond of their hot chocolate (I recommend a dash of cinnamon, available from a shaker near the napkins.)
8. Most frustrating thing about fall: I'm sorry, I got nothing for this.
9. Favorite fall decorations: Those little gourds people display make me happy.
10. Favorite clothing: It's good to get my sweaters out again.
11. Traditional fall candy: Cinnamon! Though I have to avoid chewy candy because of my teeth.
12. Favorite sound: Same as all year around -- a cat's pur
13. When does fall begin for you? I let the unpredictable Chicagoland weather tell me
14. What is your favorite aspect of fall? Long walks in the fall sunshine
15. What is your favorite fall memories? They all surround my November birthday. This morning I remember second grade, when Janet came to my party. We had been in Kindergarten and first grade together, but her family moved just 5 miles away and that put her in a different school district. None of us had seen her since the previous June and to us, those 5 months seemed like a lifetime. It was so exciting! She gave me this Addams Family game.
16. What do you like to drink in the fall? I've begun drinking tea in the chilly evenings.
17. What's your favorite fall food? Stuffing with gravy
18. What color is fall? Orange
19. What does fall smell like? Pumpkin, apples and cinnamon
20. If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? I'd like to just take a little weekend getaway. I'm thinking of returning to Springfield to see Mr. Lincoln's home and Presidential Library again. It's been awhile and hanging with Abe always lifts my spirits.