Sunday, April 17, 2022

Hi. I'm Old.

According to the NY Post, Caroline Kennedy is a grandmother. JBKO would be a 92-year-old great grandmother. The 105th anniversary of JFK's birthday is next month.


 Caroline is 5 days younger than I am. 

Wasn't it just yesterday that she and I were both trying our first careers on for size? I was a secretary in Sears Tower, she was Peter Beard's photography apprentice. That was 1975. Sears is now bankrupt, Sears Tower has been renamed Willis Tower, Peter Beard is dead. Caroline is a diplomat and a 64-year-old grandmother. I'm on the verge of retirement.

Holy shit.


 


6 comments:

  1. I hate when I'm out and see old people, then realize I went to school with them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is that old, but hey I am 66! I remember when JFK got shot. The teachers were crying, and we kids got let home from school early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies. I am "age twins" with Marie Osmond. She is a week younger than I am. Sometimes I still feel like I am in my 20s and other times I feel like I must be at least ten years older than my real age. Such is life. Hope you have a good week and a good trip to film festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with ya, Gal. Actually, I'm ahead of you.
    Surrender. Just surrender. But it is strange...no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha. Unfortunately, it happens to us all. I hear it's better than the alternative . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate--I'm a veteran teacher and people look to me for guidance. I mean--how did that happen?????

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.