Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #244

Thirteen items currently on my shopping list.

1. Coke. Preferably the single-serve 7.5 oz. size.

2. Paper towels. Preferably Bounty or Viva.

3. Skim or 2% milk, pint bottle. Yes, it costs more to buy it this way, but when I buy quarts I end up pouring much of it down the drain when it expires. I hate wasting food. I'd rather have little pint bottles, lined up like soldiers, each waiting his turn.

4. Minute Rice microwave cups.

5. Shout Color Catcher Sheets, so I can wash darks and lights together. (I have a hard time finding these in stores and may have to order from Amazon.)

6. Probiotic capsules. I hope I can find Pearls on sale. They're so easy to take.

7. Which reminds me! I need more Chobani Yogurt cups (also with probiotics). But not peach. I bought too much peach last time.

8. Tall kitchen garbage bags.

9. Hot dog buns. I don't always have them with hot dogs, though. Sometimes I tear them in half and use them as dinner rolls.

10. Gerber Turkey baby food. My cat Connie has a nutritional supplement every day and it melts so easily into the baby food. (Turkey is her favorite, with chicken a distant second.)

11. Salmon fillets, for me, if they're on sale. If not, I guess it's pork chops again!

12. Hairspray. I keep forgetting this. What do you bet I forget again this week?

13. Spaghetti-o's or pinto beans, whichever is cheaper. They both have been specially requested by the local food pantry.

How about you? Are any of these items currently on your shopping list?

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.



6 comments:

  1. I use to spread turkey baby food on toast when I was pregnant. It helped with the nausea because it was easier to digest. I like to get Salmon filets. I only get Alaskan frozen salmon when it is on sale. I like to cook brown rice in the rice cooker. Then I can eat it a number of ways. I like to stir fry the rice with left over chicken and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to wasting food. We eat a lot of leftovers because I hate throwing stuff out. Your fridge sounds so neat and organized with all your bottles of milk lined up. Good for you for buying a few extra items to donate to the food pantry. You reminded me that I needed to complete my list so hubby can get the shopping done. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish hubs liked Salmon, I LOVE it. Best thing about Alaska was dip-netting our own salmon. For free. I am lactose intolerant and use Fairlife milk, it's the only one that tastes right. Our food pantry love pinto beans (dried). I always buy one bag for us and one for them, same with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pens. And I have to find a pen to write that down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Minute Rice made microwave cups. I've never seen them here but will look if I ever go back in a grocery store again. Neither my husband nor I will eat salmon. He eats tuna, though. I developed a fish allergy and pulled fish from my menu. Would like to try it again sometime, when there would actually be room for me in the hospital if I reacted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Shout Color Catchers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.