Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Lessons learned

Over the summer I became enamored of The Dollar Store. I bought all kinds of things there and it made me happy to be so penny wise. I had to wait months to discover I was pound foolish.

I bought these adorable little shower curtain rings. 12 for a dollar! I didn't really need them, but what the hell. I replaced my plain solid white ones with the translucent new ones that closed with such a satisfying click. Fortunately I hung on to the plain solid white ones.

I discovered this morning, while I was swapping out the shower curtain liner, that that adorable translucent ones are ONE USE ONLY. That satisfying little click meant I couldn't open them. I had to break each one to remove the curtain and liner.

Now at less than a dime a piece, this wasn't a big loss. But it was disappointing.

There's always a bright side, though. Roy Hobbs was freaking delighted by the process of changing the liner. How thrilling to watch me stand on a stool in the bathroom! Rolling around on the old one before I could get it to the garbage was pure bliss.

We're now in our fourth month together. I'm happy to learn new things about him. He purrs while he eats and loves plastic more than any living being should. You should see him with a plastic bag! How I wish I got as excited as Roy Hobbs does.



3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things to get at the dollar store is books! I have got some good ones there. Yes, you do have to be careful at the dollar store. I also got some shower curtain rings at the dollar store, and they broke when I took the shower curtain down, so I was also glad I had held on to the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy Hobbs is so cute and what a fun time he had "helping" you. Jasper loves to "help" me with laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post. Roy Hobbs....❤

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.