Sunday, February 20, 2022

Happy as a hog in slop

Yes, that's me right now! I'm watching the 2.5 hour special on The History Channel about Abraham Lincoln. How much I love Illinois' favorite son! It's produced by Doris Kearns Goodwin, who loves Abe, too, but doesn't deify him. This show puts him in the context of his times. It's enormously cool to hear President Barack Obama -- also of Illinois, by the way! -- refer to Lincoln in New Salem as "a young man on the make." 

Parts 2 and 3 are on Monday and Tuesday  

Happy President's Day!



3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great show. Illinois definitely has some great "native sons," including my own son who was born in Maryville near Edwardsville. I hope you get President's Day off. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about this! It made my vacation-week watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats, I missed this. I hope they rerun it. I forgot it was on.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.