Friday, December 17, 2021

Getting into the spirit

I was tooling around online today and found this, a photo of Henry's church in Key West, decorated for Christmas. This is the view I will enjoy on Christmas Eve as we sing carols. They celebrate communion, which my congregation doesn't, so that will be nice. It hearkens back to my childhood. 

The pastor is a lovely man. I have worshipped with him at Christmas in the past, but to be honest, it's not his sermon I recall. Last year, when I was battling covid, Henry was very worried about me and so Pastor Steve asked the congregation to pray for me. I saw it when I watched the service live on Facebook. How can it not lift your spirits to know that a churchful of strangers, 1500 miles away, is praying for you? I am happy I'll get to thank Pastor Steve in person this year.

What a difference a year, two vaccinations and a booster make!

Stay safe, everyone. I am so very much hoping this will be the first normal Christmas we've enjoyed in years!


2 comments:

  1. We're having a major surge with multiple outbreaks locally, so I'm not sure what my Christmas will look like.

    That's why I'm so excited (and a little envious) of your Florida trip. I can't wait to see your toes in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful church where you will be worshipping on Christmas Eve. I am sure the prayers of those fellow Christians from Florida made a real difference for you. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.