Friday, September 10, 2021

Still

Thursday I ran a quick errand at lunchtime. It was a beautiful afternoon. The sky was blue and the clouds were fluffy white. I was enjoying it thoroughly.

Until I saw the jet.

I don't usually see planes flying this low. It looked like it might be headed east. Which would make sense if the pilot was headed to O'Hare. Also if the pilot was a terrorist headed toward Sears Tower.

Blue skies. Fluffy clouds. Low-flying plane. That's what New Yorkers saw on the morning of 9/11, 20 years ago. I was suddenly scared. I kept checking my phone to make sure nothing tragic had happened.

Some wounds don't heal.



3 comments:

  1. I have thought the same thing at times when seeing low flying jets, and twenty years later, I am still a very nervous flier.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.