Tuesday, September 21, 2021

He's resting comfortably

But is Reynaldo enjoying his life? I look at this photo of him from 2019 (or so). He was so happy and excited to wander between the shower curtain and liner that he had to sing about it at the top of his lungs. Nothing makes him this happy anymore.

All he does is sleep, walk on wobbly legs to his litterbox, and eat. He acquiesces to snuggles, but he doesn't really care. He ignores Connie Cat completely. In short, he's not really Reynaldo anymore. 

Is sleeping a lot (though, importantly, without pain) fair to him? I don't think so.

I have spoken to the vet and, on Saturday morning, I'm going to learn how to administer fluids to him at home. I'm told it's not that hard, and the vet believes that a regular (weekly? bi-weekly?) infusion will make him feel better. 

If the fluids don't work, I'm going to let him go.  

All I want is to make him happy again. Just "alive" is not enough for my little madman. He deserves better than this. It's my responsibility to see that he gets it.

I love him very much.



1 comment:

  1. What a tough decision. But considering his quality of life is the right thing to do. Rey knows he's had a stellar life with you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.