Monday, May 24, 2021

Cubs vs. Cardinals

As you can see, watching Sunday night's thrilling, 10-inning pitcher's duel at Busch Stadium aged me considerably. But it ended happily, with Javier Baez knocking one out of the park. Final score: 2-1. PHEW!

2-1 was the score of Saturday's night game, only the Cards saw themselves on the winning side of the equation. Friday was decidedly more lopsided (12-3). 

These games were important. Yes, it's always important when the Cubs play the Cards. But especially now. The Cardinals are in first place, but now only by two games. My guys are nipping at their tail feathers!

Since this is likely the last year that the heart of this team will be together, I want to savor every moment. And I want them to go out winners. 



1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.