Friday, August 21, 2020

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 21

Today's happiness --  The good old days. I admit that it's getting to me. I try to remember that we're all in this pandemic together ... that -- for the most part -- we're each doing the best we can ... that I'm lucky to be healthy and working ... that staying home, wearing a mask and social distancing is for the public good.

But just because I'm patriotic doesn't mean I'm a saint. I miss my old life! I want to watch blockbuster movies in a cool, dark theater ... go to Wrigley Field with my nephew ... visit the Chicago History Museum with John ... wander the River Walk with Joanna ... work the annual summer library book sale ... I miss doing things and seeing people without worrying about exposure to the corona virus.

Today I took action. I went to my favorite neighborhood bar. I hadn't been there since February. They had outdoor seating and a limited lunch menu, but the noonday sun was getting hot so I asked if I could go in. It was almost silent in there. All the booths were blocked off with caution tape, and there were only three slots at the bar.

No matter. I read my magazine and watched golf (even though I had no idea what I was looking at) and very happily enjoyed the shrimp basket and a Coke. It felt so good to be perched on that tall stool again. So normal.


Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.