Sunday, May 03, 2020

Sunday Stealing

CONVERSATION STARTERS


1. What is your favorite song lyric? Why? "You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches on ahead ..." Because now that my friends and I are all in the fourth quarter of our lives, it's poignant to realize we've known one another longer than we have left, and important to treasure our 30-, 40-, and even 50-year histories. Amazingly, Paul McCartney wrote "Two of Us" when he was only 27.

2. Who was the worst teacher you ever had? My English teacher in freshman year of high school. We were studying Romeo & Juliet and I wondered aloud why they didn't just run off together. She was so annoyed with me. "Because then there wouldn't be a story, would there?" That's the attitude that will make young people love Shakespeare!



3. What were 3 things that scared you as a child? (1) Richard Speck. I was 8 years old the summer he killed 8 student nurses. Even after he was arrested and sentenced, I was sure he was going to escape. (2) That my cat, Tommy, would sneak out and be lost forever. (3) Guns.


4. What are 3 things that scare you now? (1) Being in a plane crash. (2) Outliving my retirement money. (3) A second Trump term.


5. Would you rather have the power of time travel or the power to see the future? See the future.


6. Money, power, or good looks – which would you rather have an unlimited supply of? Money. I think the other two would follow.


7. Are you jealous of anything? Oh, sure. I try not to indulge those feelings, but they're there.


8. What makes you feel most loved? When my friends reach out.


9. Do you believe in soulmates? Yes


10. What is something that made you laugh the most? I love all of Animal House, but especially Tim Matheson as Otter. 



 

11. What were 3 of the happiest days of your life? Falling in love, seeing Sir Paul at Wrigley Field, watching the Cubs win the World Series.

12. What is your biggest flaw I have no discipline whatsoever


13. Who would play you in a movie about your life? Sally Field. I'm sure this honor will mean the world to her.




14. What is something you experienced that you have no explanation for. Faith. For me, that's a big component of believing in God. I don't have to be able to explain it all. I have  faith. I know God is there and I know He loves me.


15. What is the saddest book you ever read? Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter by Kate Clifford Larsen. There's as much love and good intention as there is heartache in this true story, and that's what makes it so tragic.


16. What is your dream home like? See that kinda mid-sized building, center left? The one that's just behind the Drake Hotel's pink neon sign. That's Chicago's Palmolive Building. It's an art deco beauty. If I lived there, I'd be in the center of everything and I'd get to gaze at the Lake all the time.





17. What creature/insect would most creep you out if you found it crawling on you? A bed bug. Because they seldom go anywhere alone.


18. What’s your preferred Monopoly piece? The Scottie dog.


19. What was your most embarrassing moment? So many to choose from. I have definite Lucy Ricardo tendencies. For example, last month I tried to dial into a meeting but accidentally called 911 instead.


20. Could the earth be flat? OF COURSE it's flat! And the Covid19 virus is just a tool used by fascist governors to take our civil rights. Why listen to
immunologists when the misinformation is so much more pleasant? Science is for suckers. Reopen America NOW!

8 comments:

  1. Loved the "earth flat" response! Hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit to liking Animal House, too. I watch it any time it's on. It reminds me so much of fraternity my friends and I went to parties at and of a young man there whom I was involved with for a while. It's the frat that always ended its parties with everyone in a circle, arms around each other singing Piano Man...and my guy was the one in the middle egging us all on. Good times! I don't have much discipline to talk about, either. Yes, thank goodness for our faith. I don't know how people cope in this world without it. The world would be an even scarier place without knowing God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal House is hilarious. Made me laugh a lot at the time.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers today, especially #14.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #11 is the loveliest response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. Your reaction to #20 was the same as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A second Trump term scares the pants off of me too....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent response to #20!

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.