Sunday, March 22, 2020

She always made strength appear feminine

My all-time idol, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, may be a fashion icon, but to me, she's a symbol of steel and independence.  She faced adversity and scrutiny and kept going. She lived her life on her own terms and maintained her personal integrity. Others are drawn to her story for the glamor, I look to it for inspiration.

She was certainly feminine but she was never delicate. In his 2012 memoir, Mrs. Kennedy and Me, her Secret Service agent Clint Hill remembers a First Lady who was a jock. She rode horses, cycled, swam, and played tennis ... and he had a hard time keeping up with her.

She was like that throughout her life. These pix of young Jackie Bouvier -- often in action, regularly with muddy and scraped knees -- make me smile.


You go, Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.