Friday, November 15, 2019

Feisty and confused

Saturday morning at 8:00 AM, Reynaldo is having blood work done. Hyperthyroidism is common in geriatric cats and Rey is now 15, so it just makes sense to test him.

However, he has to fast for 12 hours before the test.

We're only1:15 into it, and it's not going well. He's knocking everything over and singing (like he's doing in this photo).

I've tried catnip. That gave me about 30 minutes of relief. Now I think I'll try some toys.

I feel bad that he's so frustrated. I know on the one hand he's being a willful little shit, but on the other hand, he's really using the only tools at his disposal to express himself. He thinks I just don't get it.

And I love how lively and engaged he still is at 15.* Because for all that me makes me nuts at times, he can also be very sweet. He's my little man, and I want him in my life for years to come.



*16 in April.

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping Rey has lots of spunky days yet to come. And that his belly is full by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ordeal for you both. I hope that the test shows he's mostly healthy and he's back to happily eating his food. My sister's cat is now 22,and he sleeps nearly all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.