Friday, August 23, 2019
Saturday 9: No One's Here to Sleep (2013)
1) This song is the theme of How to Get Away with Murder, the legal drama that premiered in 2014 and airs on Thursday nights. Are you a fan? Nope. I watched it once but it seemed crazy complex. Still, I know the show has rabid fans, so maybe I should give it another chance OnDemand.
2) The song's refrain says, "I'll never catch up with you." Behind the wheel, do you carefully observe the speed limit? Or do you have a lead foot, making it hard for anyone to catch up with you? I don't drive.
3) How to Get Away with Murder is about Annalise Keating, a law professor at a top Philadelphia university. She has a reputation for being tough, demanding and able to turn her students into successful defense attorneys. Tell us about a teacher who helped prepare you for life after graduation. I wish I had a great, inspirational answer for this, but I don't. One of my teachers back in high school taught me how to look at what I'm watching and reading with an objective eye. We studied and dissected the coverage of the 1968 Democratic Convention. What we discussed in that classroom has made me a more careful consumer of news.
4) The students she feels show the most promise -- and are recruited to help her solve murders -- are known as The Keating Four. Did you ever sense that you were your teacher's favorite? Not since junior high.
5) Viola Davis was just nominated for an Emmy for playing Professor Keating. Ms. Davis was born on a farm in SC. Have you spent more of your life in a rural, suburban or urban setting? I'm a City Mouse.
6) Next to Annalise Keating, Viola Davis is best known for her Oscar-nominated role as Aibileen in the movie, The Help. Have you seen it? Yes. Both at the theater and on TV once or twice.
7) In 2014, the year How to Get Away with Murder premiered, we lost two famous comedians: Robin Williams and Joan Rivers. Who was the last person to make you laugh out loud? (This means actually, literally laughing out loud, not just keystroking LOL.) The woman I sit next to at the office. I bought her a box of tissues to deal with her sneezes -- she'd been using paper towels! After she blew her nose she told me they were the softest, strongest tissues ever, and a pleasure to use and they were so delightful she was actually glad she got sick. I get such a kick out of her.
8) The 2014 Olympics were held in Sochi. Have you ever been to Russia? If not, is it a dream destination of yours? I've never been to Russia, and there's nothing about it that beckons to me.
9) Random question: The sign on the railing says, "Wet Paint." Do you touch the railing to see if it's really wet? I might not touch it, but I admit I'd be tempted.