Wednesday, August 07, 2019

I only had $10

I saw Caleb on Monday evening! In his same old spot. But without Napoleon. He was panhandling because he needed an extra, unexpected $70. Napoleon was spending the night at the vet's -- finally being neutered in addition to getting his shots. Naturally, I wanted to help in any way I could. After all, I know how hard it is for Caleb to be away from his fur baby overnight. But I didn't have a lot of money for him. I was taking Amtrak first thing in the morning to meet with my client, and I needed to have cash on hand. Still, we can always spare something, right? So I coughed up a pair of $5s as he updated me on his life.


His wife is back in the hospital. Last week Randi had a stroke! The doctors believe that the 90ยบ+ exacerbated "her condition" and helped bring it on. I'm not 100% sure what "her condition" is, because I don't like to make him share more than he's comfortable doing. She should be home this week. He said she's upset about something "with her face," but he didn't seem to think her aftereffects of the stroke were that bad. He just misses her.

Caleb is doing well at work. He makes enough that they live indoors all the time now. Napoleon goes out every day, at least for a little while, in his harness and walks on a leash. He enjoys being an indoor cat, especially on hot and sunny days, But Caleb reports Napoleon gets "mad" if he doesn't get his walk.

I wish I'd known last week I was going to happen to see him. I could have gotten books for him at the library after-sale! I know how both Caleb and Randi love reading.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.