Friday, August 02, 2019

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 2

Today's happiness -- I have to admit it's getting better. I went to the chiropractor today and, aside from a little stiffness, he said I appeared "fine." And, except for a little creakiness when I get up after sitting too long, I feel fine. 

This adventure -- leg cramps and sudden stabbing pains and misdiagnoses -- began very nearly a year ago. It was scary and frustrating and time consuming and, oh yeah, painful! But now  I have a diagnosis (spinal stenosis) and a course of treatment (chiropractic adjustment and massage) and I am happy.

And hopeful that, as we bid adieu to 2019, I will end my monthly trips to the doctor.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

2 comments:

  1. Not knowing anything about spinal stenosis--is it something chronic or will it go away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it for 40 years. It never gets better, but you can relieve the pain... :)

      Delete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.