These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 65!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live just outside Chicago, the best city in the world. I'm an aunt and a friend. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
Saturday, June 29, 2019
Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) "Ooh la la" is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is "surprising, unusual or attractive." Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an "ooh la la?" On Friday, I was impressed by the dexterity the vet showed when clipping my cat Connie's nails. I cannot emphasize enough how vehemently she resists this procedure, but he was fast and sure. The man is a pro.
2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she's eager to accompany you, even if you're not a millionaire. But let's say you suddenly become really rich. What's the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? Who would you bring along? I would take the TCM Classic Cruise and bring my oldest friend with me. Days at sea, watching movies, and laughing together.
3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don't wear designer clothes. Let's say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where's your go-to for clothes shopping? Lately it's ThredUp. It's a resale website, and it's great fun.
4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend? Nope.
5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn't in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo ...) It's a four story, brick, multi-unit building.
6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break? I'm a slob.
7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one? In real time, it's probably the first day. But the more vivid memories are of the last ones. As messy and unorganized as I am in my personal life, I'm hyper responsible in my professional life. I am always uncomfortable with tasks I inevitably left undone when I left a job.
8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf? I mini golfed back in 2016.
9) Random question -- On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched? The inside of my left ankle.
Posted by The Gal Herself at 6/29/2019 06:29:00 AM
Labels: meme, Saturday 9, Work
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Another miniature golfer!ReplyDelete
I also a slob but there is a method to my slobbiness, this pile has that in it, the pile over there has...
Second time reading thredup... I need to check it out! Have a great Saturday!ReplyDelete
We are both scratching our ankles!! Haha! You reminded me that I have played golf more recently … Top Golf! It is so much fun and you don't have to do all the walking as you experience golf! It is a fun place to take grandkids and company.ReplyDelete
A slob, eh? Could be worse. So long as you're not a hoarder. You're not a hoarder . . . right?ReplyDelete
Slob here, too.ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness! My son would love that cruise! He need to not know about this. hahahaha It looks like fun! Maybe with all of our fortune we could go on the cruise too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.ReplyDelete
Neatnik here, love cleaning .. I should hire out. You made a great point about after leaving a job. I also think back over the crap left undone or things I think I could have done better.ReplyDelete
You do sound very professionally organized and relaible to think about your replacement so fondly.. When I reitred I did clean up my classroom.. disposed of all my personal stuff and hit the road...ReplyDelete
Maybe you could remain a slob and use the money when you suddenly become really rich to hire a housekeeper instead of taking a trip? I'd have to think really hard about that one!ReplyDelete