Thursday, August 30, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 29

Today’s happiness: The Hallmark card shop. The selection is better, the quality is higher, in an actual card shop.

This was important to me because Emily just had her third baby. (A boy!) For a fashion-forward thirtysomething, she's really old school in some ways. She keeps physical (not digital) baby books. She sends holiday cards, birth announcements and thank you notes on bond paper. Because she appreciates these things,* I wanted to celebrate the occasion with a card Emily will want to keep.

The card I chose had Winnie the Pooh descending from the sky, holding a string at the end of a yellow balloon. The balloon is an actual yellow button. Too cute!

*And because she always, always remembers my birthday, even though we never see one another anymore.


via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been in a card shop in ages. I used to spend hours there--reading almost every card. I love the sentiments, chuckles, and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.