These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 60!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live in the burbs and work in the city (Chicago, the best city in the world). I'm an aunt, a friend and a colleague. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
1) Classic Arizona Birkenstocks (the two buckle style) are the best shoe for me because the heel well provides essential support after my plantar fascitis and the strap covers my bunion. (That sentence made me feel so old.)
2) I am age obsessed. Every once in a while, apropos of nothing, I find myself thinking, "Shit! I'm 60!"
3) I never cried when my mother died. I don't know why. I certainly do miss her.
4) I wonder if I would like me if I met me.
5) Between November and April, my back itches soooooo much! I think it's because the heat in my home is so drying. Every morning, when I get out of the shower, I reach for the Vaseline Moisturizing Spray. I live in terror that Vaseline with discontinue it, and I will spend all next winter rubbing my back up against door frames.
6) The Way We Were is my favorite movie, and here's my favorite line: "Wouldn't it be lovely if we were old? If we'd survived all this?" When times are tough, I often imagine myself looking back on them.
7) Again with the movies: Every day I try to be a little more Melly and a little less Scarlett.
8) There's a lot about baseball I love, but near the top of the list is this: no sudden death overtime. Just extra innings. Everyone gets the same number of outs. Baseball is so symmetrical, so fair. Life should be more like baseball.
9) Whenever I go outside during daylight hours, I look at the sky. Even on rainy days. The sky comes in so many colors and I love them all.
10) I wish I didn't get so disappointed in my friends. I wonder if the fault isn't mine. Maybe I expect too much and I'm not fair.
If you're interested in seeing the April Challenge prompts and joining in, click here.