Friday, January 05, 2018

The Friday 56


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
 
From X by Sue Grafton. If you're a fan of the "alphabet series," you know that the enjoyment doesn't only come from seeing a mystery solved. We've also all come to love Kinsey and the cast of characters we encounter every time we curls up with one of these books.
And so I'm going to toss the spotlight on an exchange between Kinsey and her landlord, Henry. As she tries to get to the bottom of a tangled web of deceit, he searches for innovative ways to conserve during one of California's punishing droughts.
From page 56: Henry glanced at me with a wry smile. "I made a discovery today. You know how Ed (the cat) has been getting out?"

"No clue."

"Dryer vent. The tubing came loose and I spotted the hole when I was crawling through the bushes, checking the water lines."

"You close it up?

"I did. He'll probably find another way out, but for now, Ed is housebound."

Apparently Henry hadn't noticed the cat at his feet, and I made no mention of him.

4 comments:

  1. Great choice! I just bought A For Alibi, when she passed, so I can finally read the series to Y. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I added you to the Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read a Grafton book, one of these days I'll get there! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.