Monday Morning Meme
1. How has your life most benefitted from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier. Convenience! I never have to flip through the phone book anymore, searching for a number. I never have to dig out my thesaurus when I need a synonym. I never have to dial the phone and actually talk to someone when an email will do.
2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog? Badly. I don't know why people leave negative comments at all. It's MY blog, after all. It's like my cyber living room. Behave like a guest and we'll get along just fine.
3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today? Depends on the day. But I think a blanket answer would be read. I'm so jealous of the way Kwizgiver plows through volume after volume.
4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you? North to the border.
5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school? Do you have any enemies today? Janice. She was a mean girl. I was less her enemy and more her "prey." Now I suppose my enemy is a woman named Michele. I am always afraid I'll be on the other side of the desk, asking her for a job.
6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them? I'd quote Michelle Obama, "When they go low, we go high." Our world is so polarized. So "us" vs. "them." Don't get in the mud. Don't be hateful. Don't become yourself what you despise in others.
7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received? A coworker once warned me of management, "Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."
8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had. My best vacations haven't been in summertime. I've dearly loved my solo spring getaways, to places like Colonial Williamsburg and Hot Springs and Chateau Elan in Atlanta.
9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why? I try to eat a nice breakfast every day. I love eggs, pancakes, bacon and other typical breakfast foods, but I hate all the dishes. So nice to spoil myself by letting someone else do it.
10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back? Hmmmm .... Do I get to choose where I go? If I could go to Canada or England, I might give it a shot. It would be nice to not worry about money anymore.
11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now? I hope it will be better.
12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year? No.
13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so? Yes.