Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Him or Me -- What's It Gonna Be? (1967)

1) In this song, a man pleads with his girlfriend to make up her mind. Do you consider yourself decisive? With few exceptions, yes, I am decisive.

Since this song is all about either/or, we're using that as our theme this Saturday ...

2) Choose a condiment: Catsup or mustard? Catsup

3) Choose a sci-fi series: Star Wars or Star Trek? I don't really like sci-fi, but if forced to watch one, it would be Trek.

4) Choose your spy: James Bond or Jason Bourne? The Bourne saga has been a little too dark. I like young Pierce Brosnan in a tux, so I'll go with Bond. James Bond.

5) Choose your winter sport: Football or hockey? Hockey

6) Choose your breakfast: Pancakes or waffles? Waffles

7) Choose your side: French fries or potato chips? Now this one is hard. Usually fries, but sometimes I get such an urge for a nice, thin chip ...

8) Choose your chore: Washing dishes or doing laundry? I hate them both. But I'm actually very good at laundry, so I'll go with that one.

9) Choose your nextdoor neighbors: Munsters or Addams Family? Maybe Gomez would invite me over to play with his trains.

By the way, week's song reminds me of how much I like Mark Lindsay's voice. When I was a kid, he was insanely popular in 16 Magazine and I judged him on the body, bounce and shine of his ponytail. Turns out the Raiders were better than I remembered.  So I'm gonna listen to them again right now.





5 comments:

  1. t the moment I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale, so this group fit right into that melange.
    I like all the Bond films, and agree that Bourne is a little too dark. And, it certainly would be fun to play trains with Gomez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I was thinking about living next door to the Munsters would be a little less creepy (and possibly explosive) than the Addams'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adams or Munsters is a hard choice. Both are good in their own niche, yet, both would make for creepy neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tickled that all the Bond lovers said Bond. James Bond. Such a universal code/joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess I didn't know about the trains, but that makes me like Gomez even more!

    Somehow, I've always thought of fries as "real" food, and potato chips as "junk" food. Which is ridiculous, I know.

    Happy Saturday!
    ~ Joy @ joysweb

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.