Thursday, August 04, 2016

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 4

Look at my happy kitty
Drinks after work with John made me happy. He owed me money -- sort of -- and was eager to give it back right away. So we met after work and had a couple at a bar near my office.

It's a little place, tucked away inside the train station. It's dark and the music is eclectic and loud. Every time I've passed it I've thought to myself, "John would love this place." Tonight we finally got to lift a few at a table by the door and I'm happy to report that he did, indeed, love it.

It makes me happy, too, to know someone so long and so well. I really am lucky when it comes to my friends.

(Re: the money ... John and I are going to the Cubs-Giants game over Labor Day weekend and I'm the one who paid when ordered the tickets.)

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy cat. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find. 



2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had fun with your friend.

    Here are our links for today:

    David:
    http://random-thoughts-observations.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-happiness-challenge-04-august.html

    Me:
    http://ps-annie.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-happiness-challenge-day-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun when you really do know your friends so well!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.