Monday, August 29, 2016

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 29

Look at my happy kitty
Monday's happiness: Everyone checked in. I got three chatty little emails from dear old friends today. 

•  My oldest friend is listening to Burt Reynolds' autobiography as she drives to and from work and is enjoying it.

•  My friend in Key West reports that he is still loving his new library job so much.
•  John sent me a photo of JBKO he was sure I'd never seen before.  (Nice try, John.)

Nothing earth-shattering or newsworthy. But the messages made me smile because they remind me that I have vibrant friendships with deep roots. My oldest friend and I have known each other since Kindergarten. John and I have been friends 35 years. I've known my friends in the Keys since 1992.

I am blessed.
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy cat. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find. 

2 comments:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.