Sunday, July 03, 2016

Blab, blab, blab

My friend from Key West and I talked ... and talked ... and talked. It was a relief and a delight.

We email back and forth often, but we haven't spoken since before Memorial Day. I'm so happy to hear that he's settling in to his new job at the local library. The paycheck is a bit smaller than the one he received from his work at the newspaper, but he's OK with that for two reasons:

1) The hours are consistent and stable, which is easier on his nerves, his sleep pattern and his relationship.

2) The benefits are so much better. His partner is still racking up the medical bills, and the new healthcare covers more than the old did, which puts a bit more budge in their budget.

He really enjoys the work, too. He was so excited that he scored a Kennedy biography for me. The library regularly purges books that don't get checked out. They sell them at a fundraiser. He found one that he knew I'd like and offered to buy it. His boss told him to just take it. I can count on finding it under the tree at Christmas.

And I love talking to him because he's such a good, warm and loving person. It makes me happy that he's in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.