25. List 3 activities that you can only enjoy by yourself. "ONLY enjoy by myself?" That's hard ... 1) Spa treatments. The idea of having to talk to one of my friends while I am having a massage or facial is annoying. 2) The actual reading of a book, or listening to an audiobook. My aunt and uncle read aloud to one another during long car rides. It sounds cute, but I think it would make me want to scream. 3) Watching the news. I like to concentrate.
26. If you could live in any biome* (and survive) which biome would you live in? (*a large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna occupying a major habitat, e.g., forest or tundra.)
I have read this question twice, and yet all I get is "blah-blah-blah." So I respectfully decline to answer.
|This would be nice|
27. How do you like being roused in the morning? Mark Harmon would be nice.
28. How was your day? What did you do? My day has just started. So far I have fed the cats and updated my Farmville 2 farm.
29. What did your last text message say? It was a reminder from the salon about my Saturday pedi appointment.
30. Do you respond to texts quickly? Usually. Depends on if I can find my phone. (I lose things.)
31. Who was the last person you called? The bank. I put a "stop payment" on a check and wanted to know what the bank fee would be.
33. If you were famous, what do you think you would be famous for? I suspect that if I were born 10 years earlier, I would have been a stereotypical 60s radical.
34. Winter or summer? Winter.
35. What is a quality that all people should have? Empathy
36. If you could have a large collection of one item, what would that item be? $10 bills. I'd like lots and lots and lots of $10 bills. Stacks and stacks of 'em.
37. What have you been thinking about lately? My cat Joey and the Loop protests have been occupying me.
38. What is the secret to a happy life? I'll leave it to JT.
39. What are some phrases you say often? "The thing of it is ..." "I could do that, IF I WAS SOMEONE ELSE ENTIRELY!" "I'm sorry." "It's a party to be near me, isn't it?"
40. Favorite food? It changes. Right now, I'm seriously into pizza.
41. What is your wish for the world? I'd like us all to keep the lid on. Chicago is a very tense place these days. The tension is palpable. I just want us all to get through, you know? I want it all to hold together without exploding, the way Ferguson and Baltimore did. So far, the protests have been peaceful and that leaves me proud and hopeful.
42. What are some of your greatest fears? See above. I understand that the rest of the country is frightened by ISIS. While 14 people were tragically murdered in San Bernardino, 35 Chicagoans were shot to death by other Chicagoans in the month of November alone. I understand intellectually that I am statistically unlikely to be hurt by either a terrorist or a gang banger. BUT if I'm going to be frightened ... Like I said, Chicago is a tense place these days. Oh, and Donald Trump, you are an asshole. Every time he talks about the gangs of "immigrant Mexicans" that plague Chicago, I want to scream. He has no understanding of what's going on around here. None. Sorry, I know this isn't very Christmas-y. But you asked!
43. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? My Giordano's order. I'm sending two frozen deep dish pizzas to my friends in the Keys. There's much that's wonderful about Key West, but the pizza situation down there is pathetic.
44. Most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen (in real life)? BIG bodies of water. Lake Michigan, Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific ... never gets old.
45. Spicy food: Like or dislike? Dislike.
47. Do you like to travel? I like being in new and different places. However, I don't necessarily like getting there. Train rides are fine, but flying sooooooo stresses me out.
48. Any regrets? I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.
49. Do you like rain? Sure.