Sunday, October 25, 2015
25 Fun Meme
1. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual. Canasata. I'd love to play canasta with someone new.
2. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be? Spanish
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? The Princess Bride by William Goldman. If you like the movie, get hold of the book. It's multilayered and quite wonderful.
4. Favorite song lyric? "Pride can hurt you." The Lads from Liverpool, of course.
5. Favorite album? The Beatles (aka The White Album). There are better albums, I'm sure, but none that are more fun.
6. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise? Between 2 and 4.
7. Favorite city that you’ve visited? There are many, but the first that comes to mind is Washington DC.
8. Favorite city that you haven’t visited? Quebec
9. If you could donate $10,000 to charity, what charity would you pick? Toys for Tots. Every child deserves a little magic at Christmas.
10. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read? Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards because it's searing in its honesty and wise in its conclusions.
11. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch? Bonnie and Clyde. It's a wonderful study of America's love affair with capitalism and fame.
12. What do you think people assume about you from first glance? That I'm a very straight arrow, a nice pudgy middle-aged lady.
13. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be? Guitar
14. What is your favorite item of clothing? Jeans
15. Who was your first follower on your blog? Do they still follow you? I don't know, because I have so many lurkers. People who linger and enjoy what I write are certainly most welcome -- I'm flattered. But I have no idea who they are.
16. If you could create one thing, what would it be? Something that makes people happy.
17. Favorite superhero? There can only be one for this gal.
18. If you were to write an autobiography, what would you title it? The Thing of It Is ... because I say it so often.
19. If you were to have a band, what would you call it? Channel D. On the original Man from UNCLE, "Open Channel D, please" is what Napoleon and Ilya always said when they tried to reach HQ through their pocket radios.
20. What is your favorite card/board game? Canasta
21. What was the first IM service you used? Who was the first person you talked to on it? AOL, and it was an ex-boyfriend named Scott. He was an ex even then. We just had a hard time letting go of each other.
22. If you could give a friendly hug to any one person, who would it be? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one. Joe Maddon. The Cubs new manager gave us a helluva season!
23. Have you ever won any sort of contests? What kind? I won the Chicago Tribune movie trivia contest, authored by Gene Siskel.
24. Who was the last person you hugged? Cannot be your romantic/sexual partner if you have one. A coworker who felt bad that I was having a bad day.
25. If you could be skilled in any one activity, what would it be? Cannot be romantic or sexual. This made me smile, because my first answer was indeed sexual. If we're taking that off the table, I'll say I'd love to be able to sing really well.