Friday, October 30, 2015

My Halloween haunts


This weekend I'm staying at this mid-century modern hotel, The State House Inn in Springfield. In this case, when I say "mid-century" I'm referring to the mid-20th century. I'll also visit a mid-century home inhabited by a certain famous someone. That would be Abe Lincoln's home from the mid-19th century.

I haven't slipped away by myself all year and I miss my little solo getaways. So this weekend, it's me and Abe.

Here's hoping the trip is a pleasant adventure. Because of extensive track construction, Amtrak is running buses between Chicago and St. Louis. It's going to take me (gulp!) five hours to get to Springfield. That's one long-ass bus ride. I'm hoping I'll be amused by witty banter by people like these two. But I'm not counting on it.



1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.