Wednesday, April 01, 2015

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #236


THIRTEEN 
TOP-SELLING 
SECOND HAND BOOKS

I think there's something romantic about a used book. Who owned it before? Why did they part with it? 

If you feel like I do, here's a site you should know about: Abe Books. There you will find hardcovers and paperbacks, text books and best sellers. Many of the books have been rescued from libraries. All are reasonably priced and a great way to feed your bookish habit.

Recently they posted their bestselling used books of this young century. Here are the top 13. I've read #2, #3, and #9. What about you?

1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
5. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
6. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
7. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
8. Night by Elie Wiesel
9. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
11. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
12. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
13. Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

Please join us for The NEW THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

3 comments:

  1. I once bought a used book at a library sale for 25 cents. The title was What's in a Name and I found my first four-leaf clover in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that makes three of us now with a bookish theme this week, LOL. I've read eight of these: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 -- and number 7 is in Mount TBR. My T13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, because of my horrible allergies, I seldom by used books. Of your list here, I have read many of them, including the Harry Potters. I haven't read the last one, though. Never been much of a cookbook reader.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.