Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 12

Today's happiness -- Like minded people.  Tonight my classic film group met and more than 20 of us watched Alfred Hitchcock's Suspicion together. It was the first time many had seen this classic and it was neat to see their reaction.

More than that, I like how movies bring me together with people I wouldn't otherwise even meet. Tonight I sat with Bella, a girl young enough to be my daughter -- a budding workaholic who wanted to spend time with people who won't want to talk shop. Afterward, I got a ride to the train from Martha, the bus driving Buddhist. What do the three of us have in common? A crush on Cary Grant!

2 comments:

  1. I would join this group, it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I were more social--it's such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.