Saturday, October 05, 2013

"Torrential downpour"

That's what the Weather Channel called it. The sky opened up and dumped rain on us at a rate of nearly 2"/minute. That's more than the sewers can handle and we were at risk for flash floods.

I can confirm this because the torrent began while I was on the bus. While I only have to walk 3 blocks from bus stop to my building, I was completely drenched by the time I got home. The rain slid down my umbrella in sheets. At one point the water was midway up my calves. I kept telling myself it was still clean because it was still falling. I don't like thinking about what might be mixed with it, considering how overburdened the sewers were.

Oh well. I'm fine. I'm safe. And I've got a cool story to tell.


1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.