Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm still legal

The State of Illinois wants to check my vision before renewing my driver's license. That's reasonable, as it's been more than a decade. If I were them, I'd make me take the driver's test, too, as I remember little if anything about operating a car. I shouldn't be licensed.

And so I'm not anymore. When I went in today I saved $10 and a lot of time by skipping the vision test and going for a state-issued ID. I really only used my driver's license when I boarded planes, checked into hotels or did banking. My new ID card will suffice. So I'm still legal.

The time I saved at the DMV I wasted in the Pedway. I got completely turned around. It's funny. I've worked in this city almost continuously since I was 17 years old, and yet I can still get lost!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.