Thursday, August 15, 2013

"A void at the top"

So today is August 15, the mid-point of the third quarter. Six months since the last layoffs and, if the company I work for is to behave predictably, time for another round.

Only today there's no news to report.

I don't mean that the blade came down and I was spared. I mean nothing happened.

I asked my boss about this and, instead of telling me not to worry, he said, "Can't happen this week. There's a void at the top." Huh? He means that our new Big Boss is on vacation this week, and I guess it would be bad form to not be in the office when the quick and the dead receive their final judgement.

So maybe Monday. Or maybe not at all.

I wish I could stop worrying about this. But I don't know how.


4 comments:

  1. Oh man, that blows. Nothing like letting the employees twist in the wind, eh?

    I know you'll keep us posted - I've been wondering all day. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I was hoping to come home tonight and see you'd been spared. I'm sorry you're going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sad news, i had the same thought same as Zwizgiver

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few days' reprieve that really does nothing to ease your mind. I hope Monday is better!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.