Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Want Wednesday

I want this to be over! The reverse mortgage company contacted us -- they may be willing to do the DIL of foreclosure, rather than let the foreclosure process drag on interminably, if we empty out the house. Good news, right?

You'd think so. Except that my brother-in-law and his friends, who were in charge of emptying the house, didn't do the job 100%. There's a baseboard, a wall mirror, and other miscellaneous junk throughout the house. Now all we have to do is get that stuff out of there. Should be easy, right?

Well, no. My kid sister is upset that her husband has to go back and do this again. Never mind that he and his buds were supposed to do it completely in the first place. I'm trying not to be pissy, but my mom's estate did pay him and his friends to do this and they simply didn't complete the job.

Also, my kid sister now seems to think that the the DIL is a bad idea because they (the mortgage company) is never going to sue us. They may not, true. But the "us" they would sue is really "me" because my kid sister has no money and my older sister is a bitch.

Because my kid sister is so upset, I called her back offered to take care of this all myself. I mean, why not? It might be easier than the agita of dealing with her. But that didn't make her happy either.

I know that we're each mourning in our own way and this is hard on all three of us. What my sisters fail to get is that I'm still carrying a lot of this -- it's still a lot of my daily life. And I'm not enjoying it, any more than they are/would.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your kid sister is not being as helpful as you had hoped she would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to the day when you write "it's over, free at last"

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.