Saturday, November 10, 2012

MSG is not just Chinese food

Here's a little something new I learned as I navigate the shoals of my mother's estate: MSG = medallion signature guarantee. My local bank, Chase, guaranteed my signature on a document enabling me to take possession of my mother's 65 shares of Met Life stock. It should be worth about $2,000, and if I truly can access it, I come that much closer to closing out her affairs.

It will be two months ago on the 13th that we lost her. I still check my phone every time I come through the front door, hoping to see that she's called. But that will fade. I believe that eventually I'll have happy memories instead of this worry and sadness.


2 comments:

  1. I am quite familiar with ye olde signature guarantee stamp! I was the holder of mine at my brokerage firm. It basically says we vouch for this signature and is also a guarantee of liability if the signature should prove false. Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to hear you are getting some relief. give us an update on the house. cleaned out gone?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.