Wednesday, October 31, 2012

www.wednesday

 To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…


• What are you currently reading? Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos. Chick-lit about three very different women -- a perfect housewife, a working mother and a recent transplant from Manhattan. The writing is exceptional. And I'm coming to appreciate one of the characters (the perfect housewife) that I despised at the beginning of the book. Reminds me of the old saw about how every villain is the hero of his own story -- it's all about perspective, isn't it?

• What did you recently finish reading?  Bone Bed, the latest in the Scarpetta Series, by Patricia Cornwell. One of the best in the series in a long, long while. There are things I could quibble with, but why? It was a fun read that took some interesting twists along the way and I enjoyed it.

• What do you think you’ll read next? I'm feeling very Presidential these days. So I'll either pick up Listening In, the Kennedy White House tapes, or The President's Club.





4 comments:

  1. I'm going to download "Belong To Me" on your recommendation. I haven't been reading nearly enough so my plan is to devote way more time to it. I stopped reading Patricia Cornwell because everything seemed the same. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot. Reading "Gone Girl" now and so far liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing so much reading and so little blogging. Glad you've been keeping up so I can follow your literary adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last? Against Paradise by Shawna LeMay. Currently? The Path to Ardroe by John Lent which is each character at a different stage of life but the same of trying to work out where and who they are and why. Next? Miss Canada (International) by rob mclennan which is a beautiful little chapbook made to look like a passport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't finished anything lately but I've got three going. I need to just hunker down and finish something! So many good books!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.