Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #163


 THIRTEEN UP-TO-THE-MINUTE THINGS ABOUT ME

I am quite sure I stole this from some other blogger. I apologize for not giving him or her attribution but I no longer remember where it came from.

1. Outside my window… is my cat Reynaldo's favorite tree. The squirrels and birds should return soon, which will bring a quiver to his tail.

2. I am thankful… that the worst of the Recession seems over.

3. In the kitchen… are my Sodastream and George Foreman Grill, two appliances I never thought I would become so attached to.

4. I am wearing… the silver scroll ring you see here. I bought it at a shop called The Golden Ball in Colonial Williamsburg last year. I'll be back the first week in April!

5. I am creating… yet another TT!

6. I am going…to sort through that stack of magazines one of these days. Really, I am!

7. I am reading… Mona Lisa in Camelot. I had no idea that, 50 years ago this December, the world's most famous painting sailed over to the United States for a visit.

8. I am learning… that while FB and Twitter are nice places to visit, for me, Blogger is forever

9. I am pondering… taking May 20-21 off. That's when the NATO Summit comes to Chicago and I really don't think I want to deal with the crowds and protestors and press and security. 

10. A favorite quote… "East is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does." Groucho Marx

11. One of my favorite things… is Cubs baseball! First game: Cubs v. Nationals within the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field on Thursday, 4/5.

12. A few plans for the rest of the week… l don't know. I have no doctor/dentist/hair appointments planned, which is nice. I could use some lazy time!

13. A peek into my day… I'm not sure what's on tap at work on Thursday. I took Wednesday off as a personal day, so there may be a surprise or two awaiting me.

For more information about the Thursday Thirteen,
or to play yourself, click here.

8 comments:

  1. I too have found blogging better than the other forms of social media. I am in step with many of your items! Great TT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know you a little better. Have a great day!
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a wonderful list! i love these little peeks into folks lives! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah for the Cubs. Maybe we'll win something this year. I'm so done with crappy sports teams around here.


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/03/march-is-national-nutrition-month/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list. I agree about your social media comment. I feel better on Blogger, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about blogs and the Groucho Marx quote is funny. http://looseleafnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. huh, yeah, me too. I was hesitant about the idea of a George Foreman Grill, but its become part of my cooking routine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok--what is a SodaStream?

    And I think I must swipe this.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.