Friday, November 25, 2011

Fishing? Really?

When my best friend told me he was going to New Orleans so spend Thanksgiving week with his in-laws, I assumed he was going to enjoy the white run hurricanes and the award-winning Creole cuisine he loves so much. For my best friend is a haute kinda guy.

So imagine my surprise when I got a chatty little email last night, wishing me a belated happy birthday and telling me he would have called but there was no cell phone coverage at their out of the way fishing lodge. He caught almost a dozen fish, too.

I almost rubbed my eyes in disbelief. I don't see him roughing it.

Back with family, he handled cooking the Thanksgiving meal. Now THAT sounds like him.

Makes me so happy to hear he's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.