Saturday, October 22, 2011
Saturday 9: The Last DJ
1. Who was favorite DJ and what radio station did you listen to as a kid? My charming and delightful OLD UNCLE LAR (Larry Lujack) at the Big 89, WLS. He's shown here with his sidekick, Little Snotnose Tommy ("Hello, Tommy.") It's scary how many catchphrases I remember, even after all these years.
2. What has been the weirdest thing you have worn in public? Everything I wore between 1971 and 1990 appears weird to me now.
3. What was the best part of last weekend? Playing Scrabble with my nephew. Sorry that answer is so dull. I'm still recovering from surgery and prefer naps to most other activities.
4. What was the most effective punishment for you as a kid? None of them were that effective. As a matter of fact, I believe I may still be grounded, stemming from an incident in the mid-1970s.
5. Would you lie to your significant other to not hurt their feelings? Of course. Just as I would not expect an honest answer to "Do these pants make my ass look big?"
6. We're taking you order for breakfast. What would you like? Steak and eggs and oj.
7. Do you celebrate Halloween? If yes, do tell. If no, why not? I don't celebrate it. Sorry.
8. Do you hand out candy to the neighborhood kids? I usually am not home in time. But if I'm around, of course.
9. What's the favorite age you've been, so far? 35. I felt strong and smart and sexy.